Bristow, OK asked in Civil Litigation and Real Estate Law for Oregon

Q: Oregon civil complaint to quiet title, when can an amended complaint be refined by plaintiffs? If filed a motion already

Chronological order of filings first is the complaint second my motion to dismiss third their response to my motion to dismiss fourth their amended complaint filed. Can they do this with no requests for leave of court to file?

1 Lawyer Answer
Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: Hire an attorney who knows the laws of civil procedure. If you are on the internet asking these type of questions you need professional help. And no, no Attorney can answer this by reading only your description. An attorney is going to want to review all the pleadings and talk to you. You don't win cases in Oregon based on procedural technicalities. When push comes to shove the court is going to be very lenient as to the rules in order to give both sides a fair chance to present their cases, at least in the initial stages. At trial the rules may be more strictly enforced so you better know what you are doing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.