Las Vegas, NV asked in Animal / Dog Law and Wrongful Death for Nevada

Q: Can I sue for the vet cremation bill or have this aggressive and out of control dog put down?

While dog sitting for a friend's dog that dog attacked my dog for no reason And my dog is now dead. Now i have a 300$ cremation bill that until paid we cannot have his remains. I Would Like this paid by the owner or the dog put down. What can be done for some kind of justice?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Unfortunately, while they should pay unlikely the law will say they had to. You knew you were sitting another dog, and you brought your dog. If your firend knew you'd bring your dog, you may have a claim.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.