Aurora, IL asked in Child Support and Family Law for Illinois

Q: Ex wont pay expenses AND need increase in child support

I got divorced in Will County over 10 years ago. I have sole custody of our 10 year old daughter. I live in Aurora, IL however my ex moved to St Louis, MO. He refused to pay his share of expenses for our daughter and he's ignoring my calls/emails. Since our divorce he's only been paying $56/wk for child support because he has another child; he no longer pays support to his other child and I need to see if my daughter's child support can be increased. So two issues: need to have him pay for expenses owed AND need to increase his child support. I don't know where to begin with this/what paperwork to fill out and I cannot afford an attorney. Can someone please help me?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nrupa Patel
Nrupa Patel
  • Decatur, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Call Will County State's Attorney's Office-they may have a child support enforcement division that may be able to help you. If they don't, then you can call the Will County Circuit Clerk's office and they may have a list of organizations that offer free or reduced cost services

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.