Philadelphia, PA asked in Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for Pennsylvania

Q: Could my dad file a lawsuit on another person that falsely accused my dad of indecent exposure and was arrested?

My dad was falsely accused of indecent exposure at an Auto Tag place where he was there to pick up his car registration that he been waiting for 3 months now that was not his fault with him waiting that long for it to process at the Auto Tag place.The auto tag owner called the police and lied and said my dad had his "private" out which I think she lied because he got frustrated inside the auto tag place because he waited so so long to receive his car registration.So my dad was arrested and spend 1 hour at the holding department he cooperated and talked to the police officials and asked him what happen and they never charged him and they let him go.So could my dad file a lawsuit on this women for lying to police just because he got loud with her about his car registration.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William C. Head
William C. Head pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sandy Springs, GA

A: He would have to show both FALSE allegations, and prove his FINANCIAL damages, and that may be very difficult.

He should at least contact an attorney in PA who handles defamation cases. Go to Super Lawyers site, and look up civil attorneys near his location, who handle slander claims.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.