Graham, WA asked in Divorce, Personal Injury and Criminal Law for Washington

Q: My husband burnt down our home on July 11th and I would like to divorce him . He is in jail for first degree arson

2 Lawyer Answers
Jason Powers
Jason Powers pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Mt Vernon, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: There is nothing to stop you. You can have the papers served to your husband if he is in custody. I am not sure your post has a specific question. In most counties there is a Family Law Facilitator with whom you can make an appointment. They will outline the process. Or, you can hire an attorney and they will do the work for you. Good luck.

William C. Head
William C. Head pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sandy Springs, GA

A: I vote for divorce, too. See a lawyer and put this nightmare behind you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.