Mason, MI asked in Wrongful Death for Michigan

Q: i have written a letter to the police department involved, can I send it or hand it to them in person?

I believe this was the most horriffic nightmare not only the loss of my Son but had the police involved myself , or my daughter, instead of making us STAY across the street and police asked nothing about my SON, the police were running back and forth across the street to tell us "your Son has cut himself on his arm not bad though" instead of letting me be close enough to hear the conversation between the police and my Son. I know my Sons fears and needs. I could have at least told them something of his personality. Maybe then the police could have had a meaningful talk with my Son . I believe by the way they responded to him terrified him, and they were not there to protect him only to be sure they all went home safe . I am thankful that they were safe but they are cops for a reason. when you have 30 or 40 cops at a window looking down at you and you are scared out of your mind, because all of the sudden the family is gone and 40 cops are at your windows and you don't know why

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Not sure what happened but before you send letters to the police, if your son is chaged talk to a lawyer. If your son was killed someohow, then discuss it with a member of the Michigan Assn for Justice --they give free consults.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.