Fort Riley, KS asked in Probate for California

Q: I am part of a trust that has been ongoing for 4 years. The executor has not given a yearly statement as it says is reqm

the statement is supposed to be at least annually

also my father is living in the home which is part of the trust and not paying rent and using trust money to fix the house up as he is buying it. they are also paying all bills for the home from the trust so my portion keeps dwindeling.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy James Jensen
Timothy James Jensen
  • Auburn, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Having waited 4 years to assert your rights, no doubt your father thinks he can do as he wishes. You need to hire a lawyer to petition the Probate Court to compel an accounting and question why your father is taking his time to distribute. No threats to dad. Just hire an lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.