Chicopee, MA asked in Employment Law and Workers' Compensation for Massachusetts

Q: Lawsuit for injury at work then being fired

I worked there full time for about two months I injured my leg on the job, I told them about it they still had me work the next day I tried my best but could not work through the pain I told the manager I cannot work on it I need to go to a doctor to make sure it doesn't get worst I got hurt 2 days ago and have a doctors appointment tomorrow everyones been saying they're going to fire me but I can't work on my leg in this condition now I am homeless with no job what can I do? All of this would be on their cameras but I doubt they'd allow me to use the footage to help me in court

1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan R. Roth
Jonathan R. Roth
  • Salem, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Contact a workmen's compensation attorney immediately. If you do not know one, call the Massachusetts bar association and ask for a list of attorneys in your area to assist you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.