Memphis, TN asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Arkansas

Q: my fiancee has a protection order against her ex boyfriend because he used to beat her, and he knowingly comes by her

He purposely comes by her and we have reported when he made a threat several times and law enforcement nor the court will do anything...she is scared daily because she believes she will get hurt or end up dead because law enforcement refuses to take any action...what can we do to put an end to this and get this man that admitted to attempting to trying to kill her in court and he was let go stopped from being around her

1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Joseph Childers
Adam Joseph Childers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • North Little Rock, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: if she has an order of protection you will want to file a police report after the next contact by the ex-boyfriend. Have evidence of the contact, i.e. text message or email, and then take the evidence and police report to the Prosecuting Attorney's Office to have them look at filing charges for violating the order of protection.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.