Asked in Child Custody for Kentucky

Q: Asking for my brother need advice asap

My brother went to prison in 2008 he gets out on sep 19th of this year... He was charged with murder... He was at a party with a guy they were both on drugs and drinking had been all weekend they got into it and he pulled a gun and shot him... My brothers ex girlfriend is not wanting.him to see his son bc it's been 9 1/2 years but he's.getting.out early for.Good behaviour.... He turned his life over to God and is doing really good he has a home when he gets out can he get custody and visitation in the state of.Ky

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Joseph T Ireland
Mr. Joseph T Ireland
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: So long as his parental rights have not been terminated, the father can file a motion for custody and parenting time. I would expect a lot of push back and if the court is inclined to start reintroducing the father to the child, I would expect it to go through a therapist. The father is going to need a lot of patience and understanding. Contact a family law attorney in the county where the child has resided for a consultation. Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.