Windsor, CA asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for California

Q: I'm trying to get my boyfriends domestic violence charges dropped. Any help would be amazing thank you

We got into a huge fight and in my anger I called the police and now he is in jail awaiting a court date. He accidentally hurt me in the fight when he was just trying to grab his notebook back from me and now the cops are pressing charges even though he didn't try to hurt me at all. Please any help would be amazing. We've been together for 7 years and not once has he tried to hurt me. I'm not scared of him whatsoever and I want the prosecution to know that. We have a 3 year old daughter and all both of us want is this to just end and him to be home safe where he belongs.

1 Lawyer Answer
William Mihrtad Paparian
William Mihrtad Paparian
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Pasadena, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: This is a fact pattern that frequently emerges when there is a false allegation of domestic violence and the alleged victim doesn't want to prosecute. You should consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney. It sounds like your boyfriend has a viable defense to the charge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.