Mesquite, NV asked in Workers' Compensation and Employment Law for Nevada

Q: My job is saying I have enough money to pay my hospital bills?

I injured my arm at work and I had to get surgery to fix it. My work covered the surgery, medication and physical therapy. But that was 3 years ago. I got a bill from the hospital about a week ago and they're asking for 10,000 for the surgery. On the bill they sent it said something along the lines of my work is not going to pay because I have sufficient funds to pay it. Which I don't. My work doesn't even give out raises. Why am I getting this bill 3 years after my workers comp claim was accepted? and what can I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
David Alan Wolf
David Alan Wolf pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL

A: You should consult with a Nevada based worker's compensation attorney. There are time limits that apply to the case and the processing of the medical bills. In some jurisdiction, the clock starts ticking after the last treatment related to the worker related injury. In some states, there must be formal action taken within 1 year after the last treatment. This time requirement may or may not apply in Nevada. Do not delay action on this matter. Contact a Nevada based worker's compensation attorney to find out the applicable time limits and what your available recommended courses of action are under these facts. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.