Levelland, TX asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Florida

Q: Hello. My name is Scott and I'm 29 years old. Roughly 10+ years ago I lived in Florida and got into some trouble.

At the time it was criminal mischief and I was placed on probation. This happened

as I was moving so they moved my probation to Dade city FL from Largo FL. My Mother and I couldnt afford to stay there so we left to Texas during my probation period. Before this I had an accident

that ended up getting me tickets. They weren't paid so my license was suspended. I was then later pulled over while looking for a Job for going 65 in a 70 in the left lane while my license was suspended.

Shortly after is when we moved to Texas. I'm wanting to clear all this up. I'm 29 now married with a beautiful 1 year old daughter and home owner. I'm wanting to know how I would go about this. My main focus would be to get my license back but I would like to get all of this gone and in the past.

Where I would need to get the lawyer. Texas or Florida? Would I have to go back? etc. Thank you very much.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Thomas Tripp
Thomas Tripp
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Pinellas Park, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Clearly you need an attorney licensed to practice law in Florida to deal with the violation of probation you have in Pinellas County. If you ultimately failed to comay with the conditions of probation, a violation of probation hearing was set/ or a warrant was issued for your arrest. From what I can tell you may owe restitution, perhaps some court and probation costs. Call a lawyer in Pinellas and have them look it up for you and give you a consultation over the phone.

Not sure what you have going on in Texas - I reccomend a Texas lawyer in the county where you have a problem pending.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.