Little Rock, AR asked in Criminal Law for Arkansas

Q: What are my options concerning my special needs daughter who was sexually assaulted in her classroom?

My then, 16 yo special needs daughter was sexually assaulted in May 2107 by an 18 y.o classmate in her classroom of the public school she attended. In lieu of mandated reporting, the Teacher called her a liar and instructed me to immediately come pick her up from school via "the back door"..."don't worry about checking her out through the office". The school never followed up, the school district never contacted me...even after I was told there would be an "investigation." Crimes against Children became involved as did The Child Advocacy Center. Meanwhile, this past summer the same offender was arrested and booked for another 2nd degree sexual assault. The school district was grossly negligent in the mishandling of the horrific incident and has never once followed up to check on my daughter. I am in search for a pro bono Attorney who is willing to take on a Public School District who "swept the incident under the rug."

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Joseph Childers
Adam Joseph Childers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • North Little Rock, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: You will want to call an attorney and discuss your options. If what you allege is true then the school district should hopefully have investigated or the ASP should have investigated and made some determination.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.