Asked in International Law

Q: I'm a victim of a scam online. I know the identity of the scammer, he is from Canada, but I live in France. What to do?

I got scammed for a good amount of money. The problem is that the scammer doesn't live in the same country as I do. What would be the best and most efficient solution to sue him? I know his exact identity, street address, and country, and I have all the proofs I need, I just need to know the process in case of an international problem. Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jingzhan Wang
Jingzhan Wang
  • International Law Lawyer
  • Tianjin, Tianjin

A: Hire a lawyer from Canada to sue him or report to the police

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.