Laurel, MD asked in Wrongful Death for Virginia

Q: How can I be able to contest the dividing the settlement between only my step mother and uncle ,because the only child

O was contacted 20 minsbefore hearing which i was unable to make it in time. My stepmother lied and i revieved nothing

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jan F Hoen
Jan F Hoen
  • Hampton, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: Statutory beneficiaries are the only persons who are eligible to receive a share.

Your statement provides little in the way of helpful information to determine if you are one or not.

Consult a local attorney to see if you were eligible for a statutory share and how to go about contesting the award.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.