Wallingford, CT asked in Constitutional Law and Foreclosure for Connecticut

Q: My mothers house is in foreclosure. The docket now says return of sale with proceeds/motion for supplemental judgement?

1 Lawyer Answer
Christopher H. McCormick
Christopher H. McCormick
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • West Hartford, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: This pleading means your mother's home has already gone to foreclosure auction and the sale has been approved and completed. She may be entitled to proceeds from this sale since funds were returned to the court. It will depend on all the liens on the property. If she is still in possession she will be approached soon to vacate and may be served with an execution of ejectment. Your mom should consult with an attorney to find out more about her case and to protect her interests.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.