Los Angeles, CA asked in Child Custody for California

Q: In CA does a non custodial parent have to notify custodial parent if they are getting married?

My ex and I share a child. I have physical custody. He is getting married and hasn't told me. He moved someone into his home where our child goes to visit him and did not tell me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Torri
Joseph Torri
  • Riverside, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It would be wise for a parent to notify the other parent about the marriage. Any parent needs to know about the people living in a house the child goes to. Custodial and noncustodial parents need to know about the occupants of the residence. More facts are required to provide a thorough analysis.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.