Parkton, MD asked in Personal Injury for Maryland

Q: My wife slipped and fell at work.

My wife was at work and her boss asked if she would pick up an order from the cafe which is located in the building. Entering the cafe she slipped and fell. This happended on a Friday. She went to the doctor and he said this would come under workers comp and told her she could return to work on Wednesday. On her return to work she was told she was not getting paid for the days off because it didn't meet workers comp. Is this correct ? What opitions does she have ?


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew M. Rodabaugh
Andrew M. Rodabaugh
  • Baltimore, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: Your wife should consider filing a work comp claim. Not only file with the correct insurance company but also the work comp commission. Consult a workers comp attorney. She is entitled to lost wage payments. We work on a contingency basis so no fee is paid unless money is recovered. Good Luck to you and your wife!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.