Tacoma, WA asked in Civil Rights and Personal Injury for Washington

Q: What type of lawyer do I need to talk to if I wanted to sue a police officer for using excessive force and harassment

The officer broke my husbands femur and when I finally figured out where my husband was the officer lied to me and told me he slipped on the curb and broke his femur when reality of it was the officer broke his femur by grabbing him n pulling him down to arrest him

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Port Orchard, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: Depending on what county the incident happened in, search for terms like police misconduct, civil rights, personal injury. Find a few firms and call them to discuss the specifics of your case. Firms may not specifically advertise for this type of work, that doesn't mean they don't handle them. We would be happy to talk to you about it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.