Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Washington Civil Rights Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Communications Law for Washington on
Q: Why did I receive a “Notice of Interception Of Oral Communications Inventory” from the prosecuting attorneys office ?

It looked like a court order signed by a judge and was sent to me certified from the prosecuting attorneys office. It listed a 5 day period this last November for when it was approved by the judge for intercepting my oral communications. I am so confused as to why I would receive this out of the... Read more »

Cristine Beckwith
Cristine Beckwith answered on Jul 21, 2021

If you have not done anything wrong, it is possible that you have unknowingly communicated with a person who is being investigated for a very serious crime.

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Gov & Administrative Law for Washington on
Q: Hello, it is Illegal to file an appeal with the State, if you have concrete evidence that you should have...

never even Filed one in the first place? Would this be considered a fraudulent appeal?


Charles William Michaels
Charles William Michaels answered on Jun 15, 2021

I don't have the required information to answer this question. An "appeal with the State"? And "concrete evidence that you should never even filed one in the first place"? The question makes no sense to me. And I don't know any procedure for a "fraudulent... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets and Civil Rights for Washington on
Q: Hi my husband got a letter saying the department of licensing is taken away his driving privilege authority 46.20.207

46.25.060 because if suspension or revocation of your driving privilege in another state.. which makes no sense he lives in Washington and. Has not been anywhere but Washington and he didn't give anyone wrong info so we are so confused makes no sence

Jahnis John Abelite
Jahnis John Abelite answered on Jun 5, 2021

Your best course of action is to call the DOL on Monday at 360 902 3900, option 6, and have them explain to you how this situation came about. They are the best source of information for you on this matter. Maybe someone impersonated your husband and maybe stole his identity. Once you get the facts... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Domestic Violence for Washington on
Q: Trying to have my over 15 year old records sealed and esponge so I can own a fire arm again to protect my family and my

How much is it going to cost and how do I file federal statutes of limitations is way ben up

Jennifer Melissa Azure
Jennifer Melissa Azure answered on Feb 6, 2021

Restoration of your firearm rights, vacating, sealing or expunging your record can all be done in Washington State, but definitely depends upon your history. You can complete the firearm restoration in either the county where the offense was committed, or the jurisdiction you are currently living.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Public Benefits and Social Security for Washington on
Q: after the car has been towed for 45 days, the car has been sold by “Wallys towing”. What should I do?

I am an international student, and I had a car ins Seattle. Because of COVID-19, I planned to go back to my home country, and I will go back to America in next year. My friend who live in Seattle taken care my car, he parked my car on the side of the road, but the car was towed away. After the car... Read more »

Kenneth Prigmore
Kenneth Prigmore answered on Nov 12, 2020

Your problem should be dealt with under state or local city law. That means to get the right answer, you need to ask your questions to a Washington State attorney.

I am a Utah attorney. If a car is left too long in the public space in Utah, a tow company can tow it, and eventually sell it....
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence and Civil Rights for Washington on
Q: I was arrested and made aware of an restraining order by officer. He showed me on computer. I ever got paper copy¿

This has now caused me to miss court date as I never received any info on court date or what allegations I was. Looking at. I call the court and was told officer had done the service but never received any paperwork

Cristine Beckwith
Cristine Beckwith answered on Oct 9, 2020

Sorry to hear. An attorney can file a motion to reconsider for lack of service. You should contact an attorney ASAP.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and International Law for Washington on
Q: What would I do if I believe this page is endangering my father's life

I believe this article to be neglegant endangerment. Who can I reach out to.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Sep 16, 2020

A Washington attorney could answer best, but your question remains open for three weeks. You could reach out to the publisher and ask them to take the page down while expressing your concerns. If that doesn't work, you could reach out to an attorney for a consult to explore options. You could... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Washington on
Q: Does an officer have to have a provable reason to pull u over

Case Description: So I had been driving home from getting my daughter and got lit up by a sheriff. I was about 100 yards from my driveway so I made the decision of not stopping right away and continuing to my driveway so my car wouldn’t possibly get towed and my daughter would have to be stuck in... Read more »

Patrick Owen Earl
Patrick Owen Earl answered on Jul 11, 2020

They don't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you committed an infraction or something to pull you over. But there has to be a reason that they can explain and have some testimony towards the reason(s). For example, he could be saying I saw that this vehicle was traveling over the... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury and Civil Rights for Washington on
Q: A vapo was placed on me with hearsay. They demanded gun be turned in. Never used in any way to threaten ect. My rights
Cristine Beckwith
Cristine Beckwith answered on May 17, 2020

Hello, I would need more information to help you. We are available until 9pm this evening for a free phone consultation and tomorrow morning at 9am.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Business Law and Civil Rights for Washington on
Q: call a company and they are in a 2 party state and you tell them you do not want the call to be recorded, and they deny

if you call a company and they are in a 2 party state and you tell them you do not want the call to be recorded, and they say then we cannot continue with the call . is this legal? and what are we supposed to do next? we have a account business with them. if something comes up and its urgent or... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Apr 10, 2020

Rather than just give you a short curt answer with no explanation, let's try to reason this situation out, OK?

In case you have not noticed, nearly every business on planet earth is recording every conversation had with every customer, about everything talked about, every day, all...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Civil Rights and Small Claims for Washington on
Q: I was discriminated against at a Motel because I have a service dog.

After paying for a room, providing them a credit card for incidentals and being issued my room keys. The clerk at the front counter told me that I could not have the room because of my service dog. She told me that I must be put in a room specifically for dogs. I informed her it is against federal... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Mar 14, 2020

Your frustration is understandable, but the time and resources you might expend in pressing the matter will far exceed a few $10 overpayments. You could consult with a Washington attorney to discuss options, but it isn't likely to be a free initial consultation. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Washington on
Q: Is there an available attorney to assist on a contingent civil matter for Everett, WA?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Dec 15, 2019

It could depend on what the matter is. Your question remains open because this is more of a question & answer board than a lawyer referral service. You could go to the Find-a-Lawyer tab above to the left and look for lawyers in your area and in the legal area involved. If it involves an... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Civil Rights for Washington on
Q: How do I get power of attorney back after signing it to my mom
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq. answered on Jan 10, 2019

Have a lawyer review the Power of Attorney document you signed to determine how to properly rescind that POA. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney such as myself. You can read more about me, my... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Civil Rights and Small Claims for Washington on
Q: How do I take legal action against a dog handler extorting me and get my dog back, and without harm to dog?


verbal agreement of breeding- handler is extorting me by not returning my dog unless I give her 500 cash and sign a contract I have never seen.

Handler has had my dog for a week to breed. Handler decided she now needs a written contract, and stalled me after driving 2 hours... Read more »

Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq. answered on Dec 24, 2018

See: This law makes it a crime to steal or otherwise harm a pet animal in WA State. The application of this law is fact dependent. Also, it sounds like your opponent is claiming a lien on your dog, though I only know of such liens in the case... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Health Care Law and Insurance Bad Faith for Washington on
Q: If a Washington State (exempt) agency committed fraud can they be sued?

If a Washington State (exempt) agency knowingly false reported, selectively deleted protected permanent records, committed fraud and theft $588,000 and intentionally neglected claimant to cause death can they be sued under tort law?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Sep 23, 2018

You would need to discuss this with a Washington attorney at the soonest. I do not practice in Washington but your question was not picked up for four weeks. If you are contemplating legal action, you should consult with an attorney without delay because there could be notice of claim filing... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Criminal Law for Washington on
Q: Is it constitutional to require urine analysis upon demand prior to being found guilty?

Is it unconstitutional for a court to put stipulations upon a persons before they're found guilty by jury of their peers

Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson answered on Aug 23, 2018

Generally yes.

"the trial court erred when it determined that Wilson was unlikely to appear for future court dates and, accordingly, such a finding cannot support the trial court's imposition of weekly UAs for Wilson."

State v. Rose, 146 Wash. App. 439, 451, 191...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, Civil Rights and Energy, Oil and Gas for Washington on
Q: How can I find a civil rights pro Bono attorney when municipal and district are my enemy and I'm indigent?

I'm a homeowner who is now homeless with an arrest record and public deffimation of character mearly because a city wants their water plan and new road built, without care for those less fortunate

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Jun 29, 2018

Local or state bar association.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Personal Injury for Washington on
Q: What type of lawyer do I need to talk to if I wanted to sue a police officer for using excessive force and harassment

The officer broke my husbands femur and when I finally figured out where my husband was the officer lied to me and told me he slipped on the curb and broke his femur when reality of it was the officer broke his femur by grabbing him n pulling him down to arrest him

Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson answered on Oct 13, 2017

Depending on what county the incident happened in, search for terms like police misconduct, civil rights, personal injury. Find a few firms and call them to discuss the specifics of your case. Firms may not specifically advertise for this type of work, that doesn't mean they don't handle... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Personal Injury and Social Security for Washington on
Q: Looking for defined period disability for mental disability. I had a severe psychotic episode at work a week ago.

I'm about to be homeless and am not capable of holding a job. I have gone for psychiatric help in the past and received no help. I do not require medication. I've had several severe head injuries but have no record or proof of them.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Oct 9, 2017

You can make a claim but you have to show that you have had a medical disability that has prevented you from work for twelve months or longer. I'm not seeing that you have the medical proof of that.

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law, Civil Rights, Criminal Law and Education Law for Washington on
Q: Can you record conversation that you are a party too?

if I call my daughters school can I record conversation of their office employee who lies about prior conversations and has caused problems but her supervisor didn't believe you before so you will be able to prove it? (Can't say it is being recorded because then she won't speek... Read more »

Ryan Ford
Ryan Ford answered on Jul 11, 2017

No. Pursuant to RCW 9.73.030, you may not record your conversation with the office employee without her consent. RCW 9.73.030 does, however, offer a caveat:

"Where consent by all parties is needed pursuant to this chapter, consent shall be considered obtained whenever one party has...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.