Charlotte, NC asked in Immigration Law and Education Law for North Carolina

Q: I have been out of school since 2015. My question is is it possible to get back in school.

Good morning, I was looking online and came across your website and if possible I would like to ask you a few questions because I am seeking help if possible.

I came to the US on a track scholarship for school back in 2011 and finished in 2015. After graduating I didn't want to go back to Jamaica because of the fear of the community violence and also the lack of job opportunities.

I have been out of school since 2015.

My question is is it possible to get back in school since my student Visa has expired and I am currently out of status? Or is there anything I can apply for to regain status to work here?

1 Lawyer Answer
Myron Morales
Myron Morales
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: Contact your Designated School Official and ask them about reinstatement. It might be a weak application, but it is an option.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.