Palmdale, CA asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: Tourist visa issue

I'm doing a tourist visa for my father-in-law who is coming from the Philippines in the process of getting his paperwork together it shows that he is married to somebody other than a person that he's been with for the last 51 years we have found out that he was put into an arranged marriage at the age of 18 and left a marriage one year later and has been remarried for 51 years but the paperwork says that he never filed for a divorce or separation we are wondering if this will be an issue when we apply for his tourist visa to come to the United States thank you for your time

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ashley Negrette
Ashley Negrette
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • San Diego, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It could be! You should ask for help from an immigration attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.