Drexel Hill, PA asked in Identity Theft and Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: my brother stole my identity when pulled over for speeding. I have 4 point on my license that I am trying to get remove.

My brother is in PA jail for identity theft and I need to file an amended petition ferencing formal action by the department of transportation setting forth the procedural history of the case, attaching copies of any formal notice of points, which I have, and outline what relief I am requesting. How do I go about this. My first efforts were denied and i want this taken of. I work for a Philadelphia taxi company and I can't have any points on my license or I could lose my job.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Talk to the DA's office Victim Assistance Coordinator. You should be able to contest the assignment of points with Penndot and presumably any sentence of your brother should require he give a statement or affidavit that he was the driver and presented your ID.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.