Fargo, ND asked in Family Law and Child Custody for North Dakota

Q: Lost my children due to being a unstable mother 2 1/2 years ago.

Since they have fix myself to get them back . All my programs I have done say I am ready to have them back they will tell the judge I am stable. The father has not let me see them for a 2 years. He gave them up to a family member due to Social Service involvement for about a year now. I did not get told. Social Service does not work with me. I have to go to a judge to change anything. I have no money for lawyer costs and don't know what to do. I have till June to get them back or lose them forever. I have tried legal aide and they said no. I live in North Dakota and I am College Student. No one will help me financially. My programs says write a letter to a judge but I don't know if that is wise. I still owe money I can't pay to the lawyer so hes out too. I don't want to loss my children because of lack of money. But I am running out of options. How do I fix this.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
  • St. Louis Park, MN
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: Call Legal Services of North Dakota.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.