Asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for North Dakota

Q: A 19yr old is at a private party and isn't drinking alcohol. 21 year olds are drinking. If cops arrive can 19yo be fined

Can the 19 year old be foned for being in proximity to an open container?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Lucas Wynne

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fargo, ND
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: There is not enough information available to answer your question. If you have been charged, it's time to lawyer up.

Nicholas Nelson

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Wahpeton, ND
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: Here is the North Dakota Criminal Code on a "minor in possession". North Dakota Criminal Code 5-01-08. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.