Kailua, HI asked in Child Custody for Hawaii

Q: Can a father have full legal and physical custody of one child and the mother full custody of the other child?

seeking separation from spouse. we would like for him to have full custody of our older son and me full custody of our younger son. Is that possible?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lauren M. Sharon
Lauren M. Sharon
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Hawaii

A: Yes, this is possible, so long as the judge is willing to sign off on the order. You should consult with an attorney regarding the consequences of such an agreement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.