Irvine, CA asked in Child Custody for California

Q: My boyfriend took my daughter Home for a vacation and now he refuses to bring her back there’s no custody agreement

I just want to get her home and he refused to bring her after we agreed he would twice. What Can I do to get he me home as soon as possible?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Martha Bronson
Martha Bronson
  • Tracy, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Retain an experienced family law attorney who can seek to obtain a temporary order of custody pending a hearing to determine custody. You do not provide enough facts to assess the likelihood that you will prevail, but generally speaking if the child is baby and attached to you as the primary caregiver you have a chance the court will grant the temporary order, particularly if the father does not have a history of visiting and caring for the child. Best of Luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.