Fresno, CA asked in Family Law, Civil Litigation and Probate for California

Q: I'm lost two dad's and I am told my first dad had my name on will and trust and my mom and Attorney won't show me?

She was not supposed to get everything so her Attorney is covering up by lying to me about him having it but when Second dad died she told on herself saying that this attorney has it and she did get a vehicular manslaughter charge Over this and she got rid of my dad's stuff fast and house went into probate Court and I turn 18 and she sells it so I am curious to what too do cause she has now done this to me twice and well she doesn't even want cancer Hospital to run a website for research studies for my step dad and had them stop everything for her and she has even said at memorial service of Second dad she didn't know how quick she got this life insurance policy back when the first one took so long. And well she said I could see it but she doesn't feel like I have a right to when my dad died I was ten years old so I need to know the truth about this 2,500,000.00 dollars went cause she needs to be held responsible for everything and I need help with this issue and I will do40% of win.

1 Lawyer Answer
David Keith Hicks
David Keith Hicks
  • Dunsmuir, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The language identifying a beneficiary to a bank account or life insurance policy takes precedence over any contrary language in a will or a trust.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.