Philadelphia, PA asked in Workers' Compensation for Pennsylvania

Q: I am a warehouse worker. I got injured at work. I don't know my rights.

If I go through workers compensation, will it affect my record for the future opportunities for similar jobs? Would I lose my current job that I got injured while doing if I go to workers compensation for medical attention?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Alan Jaffe
Richard Alan Jaffe
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: I am sorry to hear about the injury that you have recently suffered while in the course and scope of your employment. It is illegal for your Employer to fire you in retaliation for instituting a Claim for Workers Compensation Benefits, however, unless you are a Union Employee, you may be Terminated from employment for other reasons as you are technically and "at will" Employee.

If you have not done so already, it is imperative that you Notify your Employer that you sustained a work-related injury and seek medical attention for same.

Thereafter, it would be my recommendation that you contact an Attorney who is a Certified Specialist in Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Law to schedule a Free Consultation and discuss your rights and remedies resulting from your work-related injury. Most Attorneys will accept your Case on a Contingent Fee Basis.

Timothy Belt and Glenn Neiman agree with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.