Atwater, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: I was assaulted and in my own self defence was set up by my ex abusive boyfriend on video tap

I was the one who was originally hit .beaten .threatened .and was in fear of my life and who was the victim of him holding a knife too my throat

He would not get out of my vehicle after repeated verbal attempts

Made by me.and as a result I physically assaulted him do to fear and self defense

He refused so I was in fear and

Wanting him out

He then video recorded me on his android cell phone (which I was completely unaware and did not give permission for him too legally do such act)

He then flipped it around on me

When police arrived

He was calm .rational.etc

And I was hysterical.upset.crying.etc

And he then proceeded too show the police officers the "so called alleged video recording of me threatening his life and brandishing a fire arm and knife )which is false

I then was placed under arrest

And taken in too police custody

Was not read my Miranda rights

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
William Mihrtad Paparian
William Mihrtad Paparian
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Pasadena, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you were acting in self-defense you cannot be convicted of felony domestic violence. You should consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney.

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: contact an experienced criminal lawyer asap............and do not talk to have probably said to much already.

were you fingerprint on knife or gun?

weapons could lead to prison time but without all the facts it is hard to say

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.