Fairfield, CA asked in Education Law for California

Q: Can i seek legal action if my sons teacher is verbally abusing, harassing, discriminating and wishing harm on him?

sons teacher told him "you disgust me, i hope you get hit by a car"

He also said, "you're trash in football" says hes the reason they lost the game

belittles him infront of entire class

joins the mocking from other classmates

my son has a mild case of tourettes syndrome and his tics tend to act up very severly when nervous, stressed

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin Christopher Murphy
Kevin Christopher Murphy
  • La Mesa, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You should definitely contact a local Personal Injury plaintiffs' attorney to fully discuss the case. Another option is to report the teacher to the CA Commission on Teacher Credentialing, which is the agency that regulates their license to work, and initiate an investigation. I think this abusive and horrendous behavior is totally inappropriate and should be stopped immediately. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.