Providence, RI asked in Elder Law and Estate Planning for Massachusetts

Q: Hi! My gramps passed away a year ago, and in his trust, he put me down as the beneficiary for the home I live in. The

Executor refuses to sell the home bc the proceeds will go to me instead of him. Because he hasn't dealt with the bank either, they r trying to foreclose on my home now. Can I petition the court to remove him before it's too late? Or, do I need an attorney to do that? Any advice would b greatly appreciated! Ty

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Inna Fershteyn
Inna Fershteyn
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • New York, NY

A: Hi, why do you need an executor when you have a trust? Trust governs distribution of the house of house is part of the trust.

You need an attorney to review the trust document. I suggest you get a phone consultation at least. Feel free to call my office.


Inna Fershteyn

Law Office of Inna Fershteyn and Associates, P.C.

1517 Voorhies Ave, Suite 400

Brooklyn, NY 11235

tel: 718-333-2394

fax: 718-701-8859

8 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.