Belleview, FL asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability, Environmental and Landlord - Tenant for Florida

Q: can i get you to call me?

where i rent.....the landlord has promised to fix things, 5 mnths later we still have no elec. in half the house, we have sever roach infestion he promised spray and has never. floors in the hallway falling thru, the deck broke and my mom fell thru it and hurt her self 3 months ago and still he has not fixed doors in any of the rooms or bathroom. floors in bathroom and my room were to be replaced and haven't. half the skirting around the trailer is missing. supposed to replace windows and screens ( we have no screens) . we have no heat in the home other than an oven we use to cook in. we have areas where you can see the ground outside. he wants me to continue paying 500 a month. i dont think i should pay untill he fixes it all.......please tell me what i can do.

1 Lawyer Answer
Christopher Reynolds
Christopher Reynolds
  • Seminole, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: That sounds like an awful living situation. There are landlord/tenant laws in Florida that protect tenants such as yourself. Call a local landlord/tenant attorney to discuss your situation and see what options you have.

Please be advised that these communications do not create an attorney-client relationship, that matters have state-specific statutes of limitations, and that these answers are for general information purposes only. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction for specific answers.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.