Asked in DUI / DWI for Ohio

Q: I resently got a DUI they messed up on my ticket threw it out of court then reissued me a new DUI. Can they do that?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Douglas A. Ball
Douglas A. Ball
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Batavia, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: There is not a short answer, pat answe,r that can be given to your question. There are many factors that could play into the State's decision. You should definitely speak with an OVI/DUI defense lawyer in the area where you were allegedly charged. I would do an attorney search as soon as possible, so that your attorney will have adequate time to file anything that needs to be filed. The Thanksgiving holiday is likely going to cost you 4 days to get an appearance, so if you have done so already, I would highly recommend that you take action to contact an attorney for a consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.