Houston, TX asked in Civil Litigation and Personal Injury for Texas

Q: I was injured in a slip and fall incident, my medical bills is around $4000 and I was offered $6700 I said yes,

Can I change my mind if I didn't sign any papers yet.I filed a small claim already but he wanted to settle before court, can I call him back and tell him I went over everything and I would like to come up with a different amount?

1 Lawyer Answer
Bradford Kvinta
Bradford Kvinta
  • Victoria, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If you have yet to sign a release, you could potentially still litigate the matter or renegotiate a better deal. Really depends on where you are in the process and what you did in small claims court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.