Apex, NC asked in Family Law and Probate for North Carolina

Q: If my spouse passes away and my name is not on the deed and he has no will. What will happen to the property in NC?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cheryl R. Watkins,
Cheryl R. Watkins,
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Hello. To answer your question, I would need more facts. There are many factors which would determine the fate of his property to include, but not limited to, mortgages, other encumbrances, estate creditors, taxes, the existence of property co-owners, the existence of children of the decedent for example.

Feel free to contact my law office if you seek to retain an attorney for this matter.

Office: 704-544-3394

Email: Cheryl@crwatkinslaw.com.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.