Asked in Child Support for North Dakota

Q: I make about 500 a month at my current job and it isn't enough to pay my full child support payment is 285

I tried to file for a review to lower it but they told me they won't lower it.. When I first got on child support my worker told me that since I didn't have a job my payment would be 285 a month is there anything I can do about lowering it so I can afford it?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Nicholas Nelson

  • Wahpeton, ND
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: Here is North Dakota Law regarding periodic review of child support orders. North Dakota Century Code 14-09-08.4 and 14-09-08.6. Other law may apply to your situation. An attorney cannot provide adequate legal advice until first meeting with the client and discussing all facts relevant to the matter. I hope this helps!

Lucas Wynne

  • St. Louis Park, MN
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: The first step is to call the child support unit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.