Dover, NH asked in Employment Discrimination and Civil Rights for New Hampshire

Q: (racism) one of my professor she behaved with me and my wife in front what can I do I can't prove it

First appointment she told me you will not continue on this program . Many times ask me to change my seat . When I try to figure why I get that grade And try to ask her how can I improve she have an answer before I ask my question. For example if I have a question related to the lecture she told me not at the PowerPoint and book . On the other hand if one of my classmates ask a question she will give him 1015 minutes to answer that question . She said the same thing with my wife because we are The only international student in this program . She treat us different the problem I don't have something for example email or audio or video to approve how she acts with us . And more details . One of my classmates ask me do you have a problem with her I saw her try to push you out she didn't answer your question during the lecture .

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Joseph Kelly Levasseur
  • Manchester, NH
  • Licensed in New Hampshire

A: The best option is to contact the Dean of the school and file a complaint immediately. You can also find the student representative that was most likely assigned to you when you started school. You may also be able to file a complaint with the Human Rights Commission in Concord, NH. Good Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.