Tuscaloosa, AL asked in Civil Litigation, Collections and Contracts for Alabama

Q: I paid someone $3,000.00 for a mobile home. There was a signed contract, but he didn't deliver it or refund the money.

He gave me the option of either continuing to wait on him or receive a full refund

I asked him for a refund and he assured me that he would refund me the money. I have not received the refund yet. Can I file a police report?

1 Lawyer Answer

A: Yes, I would file charges against him.....it's called "theft by deception!" good luck....

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.