Dunnellon, FL asked in Real Estate Law for Florida

Q: I need a real estate attorney: I put a large sum of money down on a property and paid taxes on it for a year as well as

made 15,000 worth of improvements. This past year I was informed that the property was in forclosure and it had been sold. How do I go about getting my money back for the person who I gave it to?.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
  • Bushnell, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your question is too complex to offer you guidance from a web post, except to advise you to consult with a real estate attorney as soon as possible to research the status, review any documents you have and determine your best course of action. Jennifer

  • Santa Rosa Beach, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Use the "find a lawyer" feature of this site to locate a real estate attorney in your area.

Good luck,

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.