Lancaster, OH asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Ohio

Q: Will i look bad if I don't let my ex get our daughter till he takes me to court?

He is always trying to make me look bad and starting fights. Sometimes he don't return her to me on Sundays like we agreed on. I've been dealing with him call me names and stuff for 4 year and I'm tired of it. I don't want to make myself look bad but something has to change. For example, 2 days ago she was in the er, she has eczema and an allergic reaction on her hands. When he picked her up yesterday I told him what's was going on and gave him her meds. But he's been harassing me saying " you need to tell me the truth, tell me what you did to her". He is always trying to make me look bad. So if I decide not to let him have her every other weekend anymore, until he takes me to court, would this be held against me?

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The court could consider that. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local family law attorney who can review all the facts of the situation and advise you. If the father is not paying child support, you can file in court to make him start paying.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.