Toledo, OH asked in Adoption, Family Law and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: Help! I have a 15yo relative who needs out of her living situation- with unbiological abusive grandma !

It seems to be a dead end, cps isn't doing anything, they are questioning the girl in front of the abuser! We have voice recordings of threats, I am trying to prevent the girl from running away! How do I file for emergency custody in Delaware county oh and protect her at the same time?

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Check out the process and documents to file on the court's web site, or use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a family law attorney to review all the facts and help you with the process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.