Huntington Beach, CA asked in Family Law, Elder Law and Probate for California

Q: The county became conservitor over my god father , while I have power of attorney and without notifying me .

The county guardian has been appointed conservitor of my god father even though I have power of attorney over him and has now taken possession of my god parents home and assets that my god mother left to me in her will, where I was already appointed as executor. What can I do ? after my god mother passed their home was vacant for almost a year during that time someone broke into their house and stole almost everything of value and destroyed the house completely, and also started writing checks belonging to my god parents they found in the house and stole thousands of dollars from their account. once I became executor I hired a contractor to completely remodel the house. I paid the contractor the deposit and materials needed to start the job. I closed both of their checking accounts to stop the fraud, and the next day the Guardian informed me they took over and now I have no access to the house .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Priscilla Ann Madrid
Priscilla Ann Madrid
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Unfortunately there is insufficient information in your question to give you a definitive answer. Your best option is to consult with an attorney regarding probate of your god mother's estate, terminating the conservatorship of your god father or your appointment as conservator instead.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.