Pasadena, TX asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Texas

Q: Unmarried with 23 month old, haven’t gone to court for child support, single Mother. Do I have to share him for holiday?

We attempted to take our son for Santa pics at Memorial City Mall. He got mad, took my phone threw it in the trash tried to run off with our son, I ran after him. I have a video of him cussing at me & angrily taking my phone. He returned my son, people watched the whole thing. I’ve filed a police report because it scared me. He wants to see our son for Christmas, how should I handle it, I’m worried about him taking our son from me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert W. Leonard Jr.
Robert W. Leonard Jr.
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: When there is no order in place, each parent has the right to the child. Your first step is to hire a local attorney so that you can get a good, enforceable order in place. The courts typically want the child to be able to see both parents, but if the child is in danger, the courts can order supervised visits or take other measures. If you talk to an attorney, the attorney will be able to explain the process and help you move forward with a well-written order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.