Middle River, MD asked in DUI / DWI for Maryland

Q: Can you be convicted of a dui for just failing field sobriety test not urine blood or any other test? I

Found drugs but I only failed field sobriety test no urine blood or anything.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ryan Posey
Ryan Posey
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Waldorf, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: Could you be convicted? Yes, it is still possible. However the less evidence the State has the more difficult it is to convict you. What drugs were found would be of particular importance in your case. Also whether by "failed field sobriety" you mean the regular test or the DRE examination.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.