Ardmore, OK asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas

Q: My husband does not get to see his children what can we do?

He hasn't seen his children in over 3years. They refuse to let him keep them over night and he is only allowed to see his children at the mothers convenience and he can only see the children why she supervises. He does pay child support. The Oldest child needs a DNA test due to the situation of the outcome, he wasn't ever able to be alone with his child ever... child is 12 years old. We tried contacting both mothers for visitation and one said no and the other never responded.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Marco Cepeda
Marco Cepeda
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You should contact a family attorney to look at the case. If there are orders in place for supervised visitation, you can try and file a petition to modify visitation and access. You would need to show the family law attorney the prior orders.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.