Asked in Workers' Compensation for Maryland

Q: I got hurt at work which caused me to need a bilateral faciotomy on both legs. everything was going fine but then my

wife had to deploy for a couple months and I cant drive so I had to go back home where our family is at (Michigan). I had a primary care doctor in Michigan. I was hurt in Maryland. However my primary care doctor dropped me as a patient due to insurance not being accepted (accident fund). when my wife got back I came back to Maryland. I did complete physical therapy while I was in Michigan but now workmans comp is saying that they may not cover me anymore because (according to my lawyer) I didn't have medical care for a short amount of time. My wife tried to get me a doctor in Maryland and brought me back to Maryland so she could continue to help me. I finally seen a doctor last week and now my meds aren't being filled because of the gap in medical treatment. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Eric Todd Kirk
Eric Todd Kirk
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Baltimore, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: Your lawyer is in the best position to answer this question for you. Please consult with him or her.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.