Canyon Country, CA asked in Traffic Tickets for California

Q: I have 3 speeding tickets for them I didn't go to court. My licence is suspended that this time. I don't have the money

Can I do jail time to clear this. And how long would I do.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: if you have not done traffic school that would be a good idea for one tix IF the judge would allow it.

without knowing your whole record and what courthouse and judge you are in front of it is hard to guess a sentence.

if jail is the sentence maybe you can do home arrest with an ankle bracelet or community service.

if you go any of these tix while license suspended then you probably have a misdemeanor 14601 VC driving on a suspended for which jail is certainly a possibility.

Randy Sarmiento
Randy Sarmiento
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer

A: Typically on traffic infractions jail is not an option or rarely exercised and requested. If jail was an option, I would suspect it would be minimal. In the alternative, community service is available if you qualify.

In addition, you should be aware that you may only attend traffic school once every 18 months from the date of violation. That being stated, if you have 3 speeding tickets, you may only potentially qualify for traffic school on one ticket. Excessive points may result in license suspension.

I'd suggest contacting an attorney to see what options may be available to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.