Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Richard L. Grant
3 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for California on
Q: DUI dating back to 2011. Should I wait the 10-year period?




PRROF REQ: O/01-24-14 * TERM - - *

DRV LIC COMM- DISQ * * eff: 05-09-11 * THRU:05-08-12 * ORDER MAIL: 04-29-11*


CONVICTIONS:... Read more »

Richard L. Grant
Richard L. Grant
answered on Jan 24, 2023

If you have paid your fine, completed 3 yr or 5 year Informal Probation, completed alcohol classes, and completed Victim Impact Class (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers), you need to hire an Criminal/DUI Defense Attorney to file Motion to Expunge the DUI Conviction. I do them quite frequently where a... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for California on
Q: Court order to install iid but I don't own a car the dmv approved my exemption can I my license back

Does that mean I can't get my license back untill I can buy a car?

Richard L. Grant
Richard L. Grant
answered on Nov 28, 2022

Since the purpose of a License is to operate a vehicle, the vehicle you operate must have IID installed, you cannot get a restricted License until you buy a car with IID installed or show proof the car you will operate has a IID installed. If you seeking your license back for identification... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.